Peanut Butter S’mores Treats
Measure out the following and set aside:
5 C Rice Krispies
12–14 fun-sized peanut butter cups, wrappers removed (or minis—if minis, you’ll need more)
1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers, broken into ½" pieces
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 – 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
3 oz (~1/2 C) white chocolate chips
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp vanilla
1 C peanut butter
- Prepare the pan by lining it with foil and then parchment—spray thoroughly with baking spray. You’ll need a heat-proof spatula (spray it with baking spray too) and a large nonstick pan (we used a 12" nonstick skillet that was large enough to hold the mixture once the cereal and graham crackers were added).
- Place the peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat 10 seconds at a time until melted and pourable. Set aside.
- Place the butter into your non-stick pan over medium heat to melt it. Add the marshmallows, white chocolate chips and salt and stir until completely melted and evenly combined. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and about 2 Tbsp of the melted peanut butter (just eyeball it, no need to measure exactly) and stir to incorporate.
- Add the cereal to the pan and stir until evenly coated, then add the graham cracker pieces and fold them in until evenly combined. Spread the mixture out to cover the base of the pan and then drizzle the remaining peanut butter evenly over the cereal mixture. Fold it in—you want it to be ribboned throughout the mixture.
- Scoop half of the mixture into the prepared pan, press into an even layer and arrange a layer of the peanut butter cups over top. Top with the remaining cereal mixture and press firmly on top to embed the peanut butter cups, adding some crushed graham crackers or additional cereal to garnish the top if it’s a little oily from the peanut butter. Cool completely then cut and serve. Store in an airtight container.
- They are delicious as is, or top with another peanut butter cup, a freshly toasted marshmallow and graham cracker for extra decadent peanut butter s’mores!